TikTok Takes Over Tokopedia, Indonesia Unlocks New Trend?


  • TikTok Takes Over Tokopedia: TikTok will control 75 percent of Tokopedia shares, while the remaining 25 percent will stay with GoTo. TikTok commits to investing over US$1.5 billion to support Tokopedia's operations. The collaboration could be a win-win solution for both entities in the country's competitive landscape.

  • Potential Second-Tier E-Commerce Follows Suit: Strategic partnerships with social media giants can be interesting opportunities for second-tier e-commerce players, providing them with more ammunition to elevate their position in the market.

  • Waiting for Meta’s Next Moves: The anticipation is high for Meta's upcoming moves as its social media platforms maintain their dominance in Indonesia.

  • The Marriage of Social Media and E-Commerce Giants: A Potential Trend in Southeast Asia: Following Indonesia, Malaysia is considering regulatory measures in line with the burgeoning social commerce trend. Malaysia's Government has acknowledged concerns raised by the Indonesian government regarding TikTok.

Register now and get free access.

If you want to get free access to our Daily Insights and Weekly Digest, please click "Sign up" button below. If you already have an account, please login.

What do subscribers receive?

As a subscriber, you'll receive daily insights, weekly business digests, and quarterly industrial reports.

What kind of pieces will i get?

In-depth reports on assumption and impact analysis, as well as update and trends mapping, written by our credible and experienced analysts.

And, there is something else…

Register now and get free access, click here to register. Feel free to contact us with any additional questions you have.