New Normal: What We Learn from State-Owned Enterprises’ Strategy
The State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs/BUMN) Minister, Erick Thohir, released a circular letter on the implementation of the “The New Normal” scenario in state-owned enterprises. It contained several steps to change the standard operating procedures or personnel, which may affect the budgets. Several key points stated in the State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN) Ministerial Circular Letter No. S-336/MBU/05/2020 issued on May 15, 2020, are as follows:
- Every state-owned enterprise shall form an independent Covid-19 task force to anticipate the New Normal scenario.
- Every state-owned enterprise shall formulate a particular Covid-19 protocol by factoring in mainly but not limited to human aspects (human capital & culture), work methods (process & technology), as well as customers, suppliers, partners, and other stakeholders (business continuity).
- Every state-owned enterprise-arranged Covid-19 task force shall create a timeline for the implementation of the New Normal scenario, based on policies set by the State-Owned Enterprise Ministry, and the guidelines issued by related ministries or institutions (especially the National Disaster Mitigation Agency and the Health Ministry).
- Every state-owned enterprise shall keep promoting optimism with the New Normal, through the use of #CovidSafe BUMN in any relevant momentum/media, while maintaining the discipline of Covid-19 mitigation protocol.
- The monitoring and evaluation of the New Normal implementation in each BUMN shall be the responsibility of the president director, regularly reported to the related State-Owned Enterprises deputy minister.