Inside Indonesia’s Extended Digital Industry
- E-commerce and fintech will continue to be major contributors to the digital economy, but many other digital industries have started or have the potential to flourish. As of last year, there were over 5,000 startups in various sectors operating in the country.
- With a high number of young people, Indonesia is a promising country for the digital industry. Barriers such as internet connection and digital literacy remain but improved.
- Digital entertainment industry has become more and more interesting to watch as conglomerates jump into this business. In the gaming industry, media conglomerates to e-commerce giants have entered the market.
- Higher organizations' awareness of cyber threats has given bright prospects to the cybersecurity industry. Meanwhile, the prospect in the AI industry remains moderate: a high percentage of organizations in Indonesia have no plans to deploy AI in the medium term.
- Small to giant companies seek niches in AI, gaming, AR/VR, metaverse, and cybersecurity businesses. Some have gained popularity.