Micro Quarantine Extended, How Is It Different from the Previous One?
The government decided to extend the Micro-Scale Community Activity Restriction (PPKM) in Java and Bali from February 23 to March 8, 2021. The chairperson of the COVID-19 Response and Economic Recovery Committee (KPCPEN), Airlangga Hartarto, revealed that the restriction would be enforced in 123 regencies/cities in seven provinces, such as Banten, Jakarta, West Java, Central Java, East Java, Yogyakarta, and Bali.
Airlangga ensured that it would not be any different from the previous ones. The rules that apply to the third period of micro PPKM are:
- Corporate offices shall maintain 50 percent of the workforce to work from home (WFH). Government agencies need to follow the provisions set by the Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform Minister.
- Teaching and learning activities shall remain online.
- Essential sectors may operate 100 percent with health protocols.
- Retail and malls may operate until 9:00 p.m. with health protocols.
- Restaurants may serve dine-in at a maximum of 50 percent of capacity.
- Construction activities may operate 100 percent with health protocols.
- Places of worship may open using 50 percent of the capacity with health protocols.
- Public facilities are temporarily closed.
- Public transportation operations will vary, depending on the regional status by limiting the capacity and operating times.